New GRASS GIS Usermap (2013-...)
Update 2012: a new user map is on the way...
... still working on it...
Old GRASS GIS Usermap (2006-2012)
This section explains basic information about the GRASS GIS usermap created in 2006 at http://grassold.osgeo.org/community/
- Debian GNU/Linux Setup
- UMN MapServer
- (stripped down) pmapper1
- JPL Blue Marble WMS-Worlddata and World/US Landsat Satellite data (WMS-GetCapabilities)
Demis.nl WMS-Worlddata (WMS-GetCapabilities)- Demis no longer gave us the permission to use their service
telascience.org Blue Marble NG WMS-Worlddata (WMS-GetCapabilities)- service dead but check out list at http://wms.telascience.org/
- PostGIS-based point layer with the GRASS-users. WMS-GetCapabilities), (WFS-GetCapabilities)
- QGIS-Usermap (WMS-GetCapabilities), (WFS-GetCapabilities)
- Mapbender-Usermap (WMS-GetCapabilities)
- Mapserver-Usermap (WFS-GetCapabilities)
- State Boundaries from http://mappinghacks.com/data/ imported in our own (GDF) PGIS-DB
GRASS GIS WMS/WFS-Usermaps GetCapabilities-Links
Please use my WMS/WFS-Usermaps as well
Here you can add your GetCapabilities-Links you would like to have added to the Usermap, e.g. OSGeo users, FWTools users, ...
- using shp2img to generate a imagefile of the mapfile-content
- using convert to crop and resize the image to fit on the pages
- set up a cronjob to do that on a hourly basis.
GRASS GIS Usermap