GRASS promotion team
GRASS GIS Promotion
Here can the GRASS GIS promotion team coordinate its work.
- Where can we get some resources (financial or support) to print the brochures
- Ideally you get yourself a corporate sponsor who either does the printing (Autodesk has been very helpful in this respect and they have offices everywhere) or sponsors the printing costs. For example, in Germany you can also directly request for OSGeo funds through FOSSGIS e.V., in Italy through GFOSS.it. Describe what event you need the brochures for and add an estimate of the printing costs. For larger international events you should contact OSGeo's Marketing Committee, they have a small budget but mostly they can help to coordinate.
Todo (add yourself)
As soon as possible
- a multipage brochure, maybe something like: Example of the market leader
- Maybe same layout as OSGeo brochure, contact with OSGeo Marketing Committee
GRASS Flyer (done)
Technical Data sheet
- Done, 2nd page of flyer
4. Newbie friendly tutorial
5. Live CD (maintenance to keep up to date,)
- OSGeo LiveCD team provides a fancy promo CD: http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/
- FOSS4G2006 Lausanne/Switzerland GRASS Workshop LiveCD 2006
- Others: http://grass.osgeo.org/download/cdrom.php
6. Find some funding for printing the flyer / brochure
- How much is needed?
Depends on the quality & number of flyers we want to order I found one shop where we can get 2500 flyer for about 170 - 270 € (aprox. 225 - 355 US $. depending on paper/colors...)
- Find a way to spread the flyer
Later or synchronous
- Translation of the GRASS-Flyer (Latex-file available on the Grass-Addons SVN [http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/grassflyer GRASS-ADDONS-SVN)
- Contact Databases
- Case Histories of GRASS adoption (?)
- Nice Posters with applications where GRASS hass been adopted
workaround of http://www.osgeo.org/grassdone
- Maybe offer some stuff on coffeepress / spreadshirt
- for Germany / Europe in progress (thx to Martin Wegmann)
People (add yourself here)
- Chip Mefford (cpm on irc): email cpm [at] daviswv.net or cpm [at] well.com
- Carlos Grohmann: email carlos.grohmann [at] gmail.com
- Milena Nowotarska (milenaN on irc): email do.milenki [at] gmail.com
- Daniel Lee: email Lee.Daniel.1986 [at] gmail.com
Promo file management
In order to manage the workflow from draft to final promo material, we store the files in the GRASS promo SVN server. This is a collaborative source code management system based on subversion (SVN) which keeps track of code changes in a central spot and handles all the accounting work needed to cleanly handle version numbers and change history.
What do you need to do:
- get a SVN client
- Linux: subversion package which is included in your distribution
- Windows: download and install TortoiseSVN)
- MacOSX: ... (please add here)
- get the GRASS Promo-SVN directory through the client:
- Linux: svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-promo .
- Windows: TortoiseSVN is integrated in the file manager. Create a new folder, right-click on it and select "SVN Checkout". In the new dialog enter the URL of repository "https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-promo/" and click on "ok".
- MacOSX: ... (please add here)
- enjoy the existing material - please improve, translate and extend it.
We are grateful to our previous contributors!
- Malte Halbey-Martin (maltehalbey on irc): email malte [at] geog.fu-berlin.de
- Ominiverdi (doktoreas or ominoverde on irc) : email info [at] ominiverdi.org