Revision as of 12:48, 30 December 2011 by Reverse22
GRASS GIS is used in many archaeological projects.
Mailing list threads
Sample archeological data sets
- Barton, C.M., Ullah, I. & Mitasova, H., 2010. Computational modeling and neolithic socioecological dynamics: A case study from southwest Asia. Am antiquity, 75(2), 364-386. [ PDF ]
- M. Neteler, 2009: GRASS GIS and OSGeo: A framework for archeology (Invited keynote). Quarto Workshop Italiano "Open Source, Free Software e Open Format nei processi di ricerca archeologica", CNR di Roma, 27-28 April 2009
- Conolly, J., Lake, M., 2006. Geographical Information Systems in Archaeology (Cambridge Manuals in Archaeology) [ Book ]
- A. Bezzi, L. Bezzi, D. Francisci, R. Gietl, 2006. L'utilizzo di Voxel in campo archeologico, Geomatics workbooks 6 [ PDF ]
- http://wiki.iosa.it/ Quantitative Archaeology Wiki (check out the "Spatial Analysis" section)
- http://arc-team-open-research.blogspot.com/ - GRASS and Blender in archaeology
- http://www.arc-team.com/wiki/doku.php - ArcheOS - The first GNU/Linux distribution for archaeology (screenshots)
- Voxels and GRASS in Archeology (animations)
- http://tdx.cat/TESIS_UB/AVAILABLE/TDX-0720109-092434/ - PhD Dissertation about conflict archaeology, with extensive use of GRASS and QGIS.