Christmas GRASS GIS potential contributors meeting in Raleigh
A group of people contributing or interested in contributing to GRASS GIS met on December 19, 2015 at the Hunt library, which is a quite inspiring place located on NC State University Centennial campus.
Contact person: Vaclav Petras (Vashek)
- How tickets work, example: #2750
- Writing a GRASS module
- Parallelizing (GIS SE), Parallelizing Scripts, Parallel GRASS jobs, OpenMP
- Mailing list
- Review and testing
- GRASS GIS Database with maps in native format versus linked files, e.g. using r.external
- Logo resources
- Installation versus compilation on Ubuntu
- Suggestion for starting with C development
- fix r.cross problems when overlaying layers with no-data #1674
- fix #2310
- Some modules are setting color tables which are the same as the predefined ones available through r.colors but these modules have the values hardcoded, thus causing duplication (e.g. v.surf.rst in lib/rst and r.slope.aspect). Solution is to move the code for creating color tables from the r.color module to the library.
- Vaclav Petras (Vashek)
- Anna Petrasova
- and 5 others
- Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
- James B. Hunt Jr. Library, 1070 Partners Way, Raleigh, NC 27606 ()
- free parking (Saturdays): Oval West Parking Deck, Partners Way (map)
Prepared upon request from the GeoForAll Newsletter (international audience).
Local GRASS GIS community in Raleigh, North Carolina, USA is pleased to announce a successful meeting on Saturday December 19, 2015 dedicated to learning about how to contribute to GRASS GIS. The meeting took place at the inspiring James B. Hunt Jr. Library at the North Carolina State University Centennial Campus. Although in general contributing to a free, libre and open source project like GRASS GIS includes things such as documentation updates and GUI testing, in this meeting we focused on discussing details of writing and contributing code in C and Python programming languages. Next meeting is planned for the second half of January.
For higher resolution images contact Vaclav Petras.