GRASS 7 ideas collection
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rewrite library from scratch
- Remove r.in.arc and r.out.arc, if a related bug in r.in.gdal is fixed. The integer/floating point detection for AAIGrid driver in GDAL was fixed after 1.3.2 release, so r.in.gdal and r.out.gdal should be enough now.
- Remove the code from r.info that makes it print projection information - we have g.region and g.proj for that. Moreover, r.info always prints a bogus (zone 0) information in non-UTM locations, which is confussing. See a bug report.
- store vertical units on per-map base, using code from units software
- store vertical map datum on per-location base (GDAL/OGR needs the same enhancement)
- Small on monitor
- Number of window reduction
- Managable from command line via d.* modules (which will have to be rewritten too)