Difference between revisions of "GRASS Community Sprint Bonn 2016"
m (Added activity)
|Line 173:||Line 173:|
| August 21
| August 21
| August 28
| August 28
| S or M
| S or M
Revision as of 06:12, 24 August 2016
During the FOSS4G 2016 , 21-28 August 2016, Bonn, Germany, the GRASS GIS project will join the code sprint
- CodeSprint I: Sun 21.08.2016 12:00 - Tue 23.08.2016 (open end) (see also here)
- FOSS4G 2016 Schedule
- CodeSprint II: Sat 27.08.2016 - Sun 28.08.2016 12:00 p.m. (see also here)
Get together of GRASS GIS project members to take decisions and tackle small and larger problems.
For this meeting, we welcome people committed to improving the GRASS GIS project. This includes developers, documenters, bug reporters, translators, and users!
If you are interested to sponsor the GRASS Community Sprint, please read about
sponsoring the GRASS project at http://grass.osgeo.org/donations/
and, if needed, contact Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>. Any surplus at the end of the event will be turned over to the GRASS GIS project.
The GRASS Community Sprint is a great occasion for you to support the development of GRASS. With your contribution you'll enable more developers to meet in Bonn. The community sprint is an important opportunity for the GRASS developers to discuss and collaboratively resolve bugs, plan the direction for the project and work on new features. Please see below for the more detailed agenda. The developers and contributors are donating their valuable time, so it would be great if in-kind funding can be made available from within the community to cover out-of-pocket expenses. All of the work that takes place at the community sprint will be directly contributed back into the GRASS project to the benefit of everyone who uses it.
Thanks to our sponsors
Bonn, Germany: Basecamp
How to get to FOSS4G2016 OSGeo Code Sprint?
- From Bonn Main station take the U-Trains (Underground platform) 16, 63 or 68. Get off after 6 min at stop Dt. Telekom / Ollenhauerstr.
- online public transport planner
- Coming from the highway A59 Basecamp is located at the end of the highway A562. For navigation systems it is best to type Basecamp's address: "In der Raste 3, 53129 Bonn")
Accommodation and Costs
- to be defined
Agenda - What we plan to do
Note: The program is generally open for your ideas. Please edit this wiki page!
More core developers with SVN write access
- Develop a strategy to refresh the group with core SVN write access
- Migrate the good old CMSMS to Wordpress
- Move development related stuff from CMS (https://grass.osgeo.org/development/) to trac Wiki
- Finalize the new GRASS GIS flyer prepared by Vincent Bain
- needed: catchy time series screenshot
- Release GRASS GIS 6.4.6:
- Coordination is done here: http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass6Planning
- Changes are tracked at: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/6.4.6-News
- Release GRASS GIS 7.0.5:
- Coordination is done here: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7Planning#a7.0.5tobebackported
- Changes are tracked at: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/7.0.5-News
- Release GRASS GIS 7.2.0:
- Coordination is done here: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7Planning#a7.2.0
- Changes are tracked at: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/7.2.0-News
Documentation and translation
- Add examples to manual pages
- Add examples to Wiki pages
- GRASS-R/R-GRASS handling of raster time series
- Sentinel-2 processing
- Translation of messages
- Translation of Wiki pages
Source code Quality Assessment
- integrate "coverity scan" with Travis, https://scan.coverity.com/travis_ci
- check "coverity scan": copy-paste errors, https://scan.coverity.com/projects/1038
- Open bugs concerning GRASS 7: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/report/19
- trac #2864: Add link to source code in the documentation pages (almost done, let's finish it!)
- trac #3042: Patches to make the build reproducible (fileordering, randomness)
- fix i.histo.match: https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2013-February/062179.html
- Numpy and matplotlib issues when installing/updating from OSGeo4W (ticket #3057)
Please test in GRASS 7.2.svn!
- improve r.modis addons
- integrate Google Summer of Code projects (where adequate)
- continue working on OBIA toolchain:
- Testing of mean shift in i.segment
- Finalization of r.object.geometry and its integration into i.segment.uspo
- add R-batch files to OSGeo4W-winGRASS7 see osgeo4w/ticket 413
- GUI: Implement an optional session "kickstart" in GRASS with LatLong predefined, then open import wizard | switch projection inside (like most other GIS do!)
- suffix option for output mapnames in t.rast.mapcalc and t.rast.algebra (tickets #2294 and #2736)
- pattern option to list and remove space-time data sets (ticket #2804)
- t.rast.what: input file with coordinates (ticket #2721)
- t.remove: dual step removal (ticket #2752)
- support for space-time datasets in g.gui.gmodeler (ticket #2977)
Better integration of git into development
- since github/gitlab/bitbucket etc are a valuable and recognized source of new source code, we should be able to receive such contributions easily
- OSGeo currently deploys a self-hosted "gitlab" repo: https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2016-August/007345.html
... YOUR IDEA HERE ...
For organizational reasons, please additionally register at: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Code_Sprint
Please add your name here or contact Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail com>:
|1||Luca Delucchi||Italy||August 21||August 28||L|
|2||Martin Landa||Czech Republic||August 21||August 28||L|
|3||Markus Neteler||Italy||August 21||August 28||Releases, project coordination, bug hunting, getting more ppl involved||M|
|4||Nikos Alexandris||Switzerland||August 21||August 28||his].[his|rgb]||S or M|
|5||Veronica Andreo||Argentina||August 26||August 28||S|
|6||Moritz Lennert||Belgium||August 21||August 27||Releases, OBIA toolchain, GSoC module integration||M|
|7||Stefan Blumentrath||Norway||August 26||August 28||Port some Addons to python? (or whatever you put me up to)||L|
|8||Milena Nowotarska||Poland||August 21||August 28||M|
|9||Anna Zanchetta||Italy - Israel||August 22||August 27||Implementing and improving some imagery modules, inshallah||S|
Via IRC chat
(IRC is a nice archaic chat system, see IRC)
- Bring your own computer
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed (photo: Germany). See also http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
- Install subversion and the compiler tools, and come with a working GRASS development environment if possible.
We have to remember to take at least one group photo! :-)
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the GRASS project and/or are committed to improving the GRASS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working GRASS implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of Open Source GIS software
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the community sprint?
- Contact Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail com>
Participants and Reports
- OBIA Toolchain
- Cleaned up r.object.geometry and moved it to addons r69187 + r69188, r.object.geometry
- Modified i.segment.stats to user.object.geometry instead of v.to.db
- Improved error handling in i.segment.stats and use temporary files on disk to reduce memory use
- Modified i.segment.uspo to also allow testing new mean shift algorithm (currently only available in sandbox) r69236
- Tested mean shift algorithm
- Working on 6.4.6 release
- General bug triaging
- Backported fix of trac #1444 to release_64
- Backported fix of trac #2558 to release_64
- Scratched an old itch and implement a flag in g.region to allow shell style output in flat (one line) style r69240
- assist CRO in cleaning PSC election voter email addresses
- minor pseudo-mercator discussions
- major datum shift file discussions with Even Rouault (GDAL) and fellow GRASS sprinters: libproj cleanup of local copies of NAD and datum shift files which are indeed used from GDAL; extended documentation in README.txt (trac #2456, r2456)
- r69199: major backport of Adam's GSoC work to 7.2. (please test!)
- fix trac #3133, trac #2252
- Fix trac #2480, trac #2765
- Bug reports for 7.0.5 milestone reviewed, outdated tickets closed
- Log overview
- Tutorial: R-GRASS integration for raster time series handling/processing. Work in progress.
- CRO related tasks
- Patched create_iwave.py, see trac #3027 -- mentored by Moritz.
- Working on i.rgb.his and i.his.rgb to allow for 16-bit input data (DCELL?)
- Reviewing options to fuse i.pansharpen with/into i.fusion.hpf