GRASS Community Sprint Bonn 2016
- CodeSprint I: Sun 21.08.2016 12:00 - Tue 23.08.2016 (open end)
- FOSS4G 2016 Schedule
- CodeSprint II: Sat 27.08.2016 - Sun 28.08.2016 12:00 a.m
Get together of GRASS GIS project members to take decisions and tackle small and larger problems.
For this meeting, we welcome people committed to improving the GRASS GIS project. This includes developers, documenters, bug reporters, translators, and users!
If you are interested to sponsor the GRASS Community Sprint, please read about
sponsoring the GRASS project at http://grass.osgeo.org/donations/
and, if needed, contact Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>. Any surplus at the end of the event will be turned over to the GRASS GIS project.
The GRASS Community Sprint is a great occasion for you to support the development of GRASS. With your contribution you'll enable more developers to meet in Prague. The community sprint is an important opportunity for the GRASS developers to discuss and collaboratively resolve bugs, plan the direction for the project and work on new features. Please see below for the more detailed agenda. The developers and contributors are donating their valuable time, so it would be great if in-kind funding can be made available from within the community to cover out-of-pocket expenses. All of the work that takes place at the community sprint will be directly contributed back into the GRASS project to the benefit of everyone who uses it.
Thanks to our sponsors
- Bonn, Germany: http://www.basecamp-bonn.de
Accommodation and Costs
- to be defined
Agenda - What we plan to do
Note: The program is generally open for your ideas. Please edit this wiki page!
Please add your name here or contact Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail com>:
|1||Luca Delucchi||Italy||August 21||August 28||L|
|2||Martin Landa||Czech Republic||August 21||August 28||L|
|3||Markus Neteler||Italy||August 21||August 28||M|
|4||Yann Chemin||France||August 21||August 28||XL|
|5||Nikos Alexandris||Switzerland||August 21||August 28||S or M|
Via IRC chat
- Bring your own computer
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed (Germany)
- Install subversion and the compiler tools, and come with a working GRASS development environment if possible.
We have to remember to take at least one group photo! :-)
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the GRASS project and/or are committed to improving the GRASS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working GRASS implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of Open Source GIS software
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the community sprint?
- Contact Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail com>