Difference between revisions of "GRASS Community Sprint Como 2015"
m (→In person)
|Line 120:||Line 120:|
| July 13th
| July 13th
Revision as of 06:51, 13 March 2015
Following the FOSS4G EU 2015 , 14-17 July 2014, Como, Italy, the GRASS GIS project will hold a GRASS Developer and Power User Meeting, aka 'GRASS Community Sprint' from July 19 to July 22, 2015 (dates are not official yet, just proposed).
- 14 (Tuesday) - 17 (Friday) July 2015: FOSS4G EU 2015 conference
- 18 (Saturday) July 2015: FOSS4G EU 2015 code sprint and first day of GRASS Community Sprint
- 19 (Sunday) - 22 (Wednesday) July 2015 (TBD): GRASS Community Sprint
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Sponsors
- 3 Venue
- 4 Accommodation and Costs
- 5 Weather
- 6 Agenda - What we plan to do
- 7 Participation
- 8 Individual Preparation
- 9 Photos
- 10 FAQ
Get together GRASS project members to make decisions and tackle larger problems.
For this meeting, we welcome people committed to improving the GRASS GIS project. This includes developers, documenters, bug reporters, translators etc.
If you are interested to sponsor the GRASS Community Sprint, please read about
sponsoring the GRASS project at http://grass.osgeo.org/donations/
and, if needed, contact Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>. Any surplus at the end of the event will be turned over to the GRASS GIS project.
The GRASS Community Sprint is a great occasion for you to support the development of GRASS. With your contribution you'll enable more developers to meet in Prague. The community sprint is an important opportunity for the GRASS developers to discuss and collaboratively resolve bugs, plan the direction for the project and work on new features. Please see below for the more detailed agenda. The developers and contributors are donating their valuable time, so it would be great if in-kind funding can be made available from within the community to cover out-of-pocket expenses. All of the work that takes place at the community sprint will be directly contributed back into the GRASS project to the benefit of everyone who uses it.
Thanks to our sponsors
We are grateful for the support which we have received to organize this GRASS Community Sprint:
Accommodation and Costs
Participants should plan for the following costs:
- Travel to Como
- Accommodation and meals
Financial support (partial) thanks to our sponsors:
- travel grants can be payed upon request
We are looking to rent a big house (about 8/9 places) for reduce costs, if you are interested please write to GRASS developer list
- In July the weather in Como is usually hot (between 20 and 30 degree)
Agenda - What we plan to do
Note: The program is generally open for your ideas. Please write an email to the GRASS developer list to discuss your contribution.
Saturday, 18 July (venue LAPS room of Como Campus (Valleggio building, 1st floor)
Sunday, 19 July
Monday, 20 July
Tuesday, 21 July
Wednesday, 22 July
Please add your name here or contact Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail com>:
|No||Participant||Country||Arrival||Departure||Topic||T-Shirt||Share big house (about 300€ person)||Notes|
|1||Luca Delucchi||Italy||July 13th||We 22/Th 23||g.gui.tplot||L||yes|
|2||Martin Landa||Czech Republic||July 13th||We 22/Th 23||various||L|
|3||Margherita Di Leo||Italy||July 13th||We 22/Th 23||various||M||yes (+1)|
|4||Anna Petrasova||Italy||July 13th||We 22||various||S||yes|
|5||Vaclav Petras||Italy||July 13th||We 22||various||S||yes|
Via IRC chat
- Bring your own computer
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed (Italy)
- Install subversion and the compiler tools, and come with a working GRASS development environment if possible.
We have to remember to take at least one group photo! :-)
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the GRASS project and/or are committed to improving the GRASS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working GRASS implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of Open Source GIS software
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the community sprint?
- Contact Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail com>