Difference between revisions of "GRASS Community Sprint Genova 2017"
(→Venue: fixed venues)
|Line 54:||Line 54:|
| Feb 12
| Feb 12
Revision as of 09:32, 20 October 2016
The GRASS GIS team will organize a GRASS Developer and Power User Meeting, aka 'GRASS Community Sprint' from 6-12 Feb, 2017. The sprint is at the same time of the XVIII Meeting degli Utenti Italiani Grass e Gfoss, 9-10 Feb 2017, University of Genova, Polytechnic School of Engineering, Genova, Italy.
This next edition of the GRASS GIS community sprint 2017 is a great occasion for folks to support the development by actively contributing to the source code, manuals or likewise. The community sprint is a get-together for GRASS project members and supporters and related OSGeo projects to make decisions and tackle larger problems. For this meeting, we welcome people committed to improving the GRASS GIS project and the interfaces to QGIS, GDAL, PostGIS, R statistics, Sextante, gvSIG, OGC Services (esp. WPS) and more. This includes developers, documenters, bug reporters, translators and others.
For this meeting, we welcome people committed to improving the GRASS GIS and related projects. This includes developers, document writers, wish and bug reporters, translators etc.
We welcome financial contributions to support the meeting and we are looking for sponsors to cover costs such as meals or to help reducing travelling and accommodation expenses for GRASS developers with far arrival. If you are interested to sponsor the GRASS Community Sprint, please read about
- sponsoring the GRASS project at http://grass.osgeo.org/donations/
For questions, please contact Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com>. Any surplus at the end of the event will be turned over to the GRASS GIS project.
The third GRASS Community Sprint is a great occasion for you to support the development of GRASS. With your contribution you'll enable more developers to meet. The community sprint is an important opportunity for the GRASS developers to discuss and collaboratively resolve bugs, plan the direction for the project and work on new features. Please see below for the more detailed agenda. The developers and contributors are donating their valuable time, so it would be great if in-kind funding can be made available from within the community to cover out-of-pocket expenses. All of the work that takes place at the community sprint will be directly contributed back into the GRASS project to the benefit of everyone who uses it.
When: 6-12 Feb, 2017
Of course you are invited to join or leave the community sprint whenever you want.
Duration: 7 days
Two rooms (A8 and A9) are booked from 6th to 10th February at University of Genova, Polytechnic School of Engineering in Villa Cambiaso
Accommodation and Costs
In person (planned)
|1||Luca Delucchi||Italy||Feb 5||Feb 12||L|
|1||Yann Chemin||Italy||Feb 3||Feb 12||GDAL-GRASS planetary IAU2000/2009 integration||XXL|
Via IRC chat or hangout
- #grass on Freenode
- G+ hangout (to be investigated; smartphones only? is Jitsi on a desktop computer compatible?)
For details, see IRC
Please add yourself here below (please add also your gmail account for G+ hangout):
- ADD YOUR SELF
- Bring your own computer
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed (Italy)
- Install subversion and the compiler tools, and come with a working GRASS development environment if possible.
- How was it last time?
- Very cool, see GRASS Community Sprint Bonn 2016!
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the GRASS project and/or are committed to improving the GRASS project.
- On demand, however, we can do some presentations of current working GRASS implementations and new upcoming features to spread the idea of Open Source GIS software.
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint for developers only?
- Not at all! Anybody can help with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.