GRASS Community Sprint Paris 2016
Please refer to the main page of the code sprint in the OSGeo wiki, this page will be only used for the GRASS GIS Agenda.
Please check more info on the https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Paris_Code_Sprint_2016 Paris Code Sprint 2016].
We also welcome direct financial contributions to help reducing travelling and accommodation expenses for GRASS developers with far arrival If you are interested to sponsor the GRASS Community Sprint, please read about
- sponsoring the GRASS project at http://grass.osgeo.org/donations
Note that it is also possible to buy a round of beer for the developers with a quick click using the PayPal "Buy [pizza/beer/...] Now" button
For any questions, please contact Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>. Any surplus at the end of the event will be turned over to the GRASS GIS project.
This GRASS GIS Community Sprint is a great occasion for you to support the development of GRASS. With your contribution you'll enable more developers to meet. The community sprint is an important opportunity for the GRASS developers to discuss and collaboratively resolve bugs, plan the direction for the project and work on new features. Please see below for the more detailed agenda. The developers and contributors are donating their valuable time, so it would be great if in-kind funding can be made available from within the community to cover out-of-pocket expenses. All of the work that takes place at the community sprint will be directly contributed back into the GRASS project to the benefit of everyone who uses it.
This Paris event is especially interesting since important OSGeo projects come together!
Agenda - What we plan to do
- Looks into open tickets
- check leftover issues from GRASS GIS contributors meetings in San Michele/February 2016
- trunk: make NULL data compression the default (ticket: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/2750#comment:42)
- needs CAREFUL testing
- needs read-support in relbranch70, DEFLATE method is available there.
- Add tests for module were tests are missing
- fix GDAL CSV:
- revisit Even R's comments on this and discuss with him
- Looking into planetary datum support (Yann)
- added suffix option to several temporal modules