Difference between revisions of "GRASS Community Sprint Paris 2017"
(+Discuss start of GRASS GIS 8)
m (→In person)
|Line 129:||Line 129:|
Revision as of 17:24, 16 July 2017
- CodeSprint: Sat 22.07.2017 (see also )
- 9:00 - 12:00 Morning session
- 13:00 - 17:00 Afternoon session
Get together of GRASS GIS project members to take decisions and tackle small and larger problems.
For this meeting, we welcome people committed to improving the GRASS GIS project. This includes developers, documenters, bug reporters, translators, and users!
If you are interested to sponsor the GRASS Community Sprint, please read about
sponsoring the GRASS project at http://grass.osgeo.org/donations/
and, if needed, contact Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>. Any surplus at the end of the event will be turned over to the GRASS GIS project.
The GRASS Community Sprint is a great occasion for you to support the development of GRASS. With your contribution you'll enable more developers to meet in Bonn. The community sprint is an important opportunity for the GRASS developers to discuss and collaboratively resolve bugs, plan the direction for the project and work on new features. Please see below for the more detailed agenda. The developers and contributors are donating their valuable time, so it would be great if in-kind funding can be made available from within the community to cover out-of-pocket expenses. All of the work that takes place at the community sprint will be directly contributed back into the GRASS project to the benefit of everyone who uses it.
Thanks to our sponsors
Ecole Nationale des Sciences Géographiques
6 et 8 Avenue Blaise Pascal
Cité Descartes - Champs-sur-Marne
77455 Marne la Vallée Cedex 2
How to get to FOSS4G-E 2017 OSGeo Code Sprint?
Accommodation and Costs
- to be defined
Agenda - What we plan to do
Note: The program is generally open for your ideas. Please edit this wiki page!
- GSOC support
- Preparation of GRASS GIS 7.4.0 new stable release
- oss-fuzz integration
- wxPython 4.0 (wxGUI integration)
- Web CMS: MediaWiki upgrade
- PyWPS support integration in wxGUI Modeler
- v.clip integration into trunk
- add Coverity Scan Addon for Travis CI for instant code quality checking
- Discuss start of GRASS GIS 8
... YOUR IDEA HERE ...
For organizational reasons, please additionally register at: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-Europe_2017_Code_sprint
Please add your name here:
|2||Markus Neteler||DE||17.7.||23.7.||Release planning, CI, new features, ...||M|
|3||Veronica Andreo||AR/NL||17.7||23.7||Documentation, testing, ...||S/XS|
|4||Margherita Di Leo|
|5||Martin Landa||CZ||17.7.||23.7.||oos-fuzz, WxPython 4.0||L|
|6||Milena Nowotarska||PL||17.7.||23.7.||Documentation, website||M|
Via IRC chat
(IRC is a nice archaic chat system, see IRC)
|1||[your name here]|
- Bring your own computer
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed (photo: France). See also http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
- Install subversion and the compiler tools, and come with a working GRASS development environment if possible.
We have to remember to take at least one group photo! :-)
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the GRASS project and/or are committed to improving the GRASS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working GRASS implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of Open Source GIS software
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the community sprint?
- Contact Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail com>