GRASS Community Sprint Vienna 2014
This Vienna Code Sprint 2014 is a great occasion for folks to support the development by actively contributing to the source code, manuals or likewise. This code sprint is targeting members of the "C Tribe". Other tribes are welcome to join the sprint, of course, but we hope that "C Tribe" members will give this event special consideration.
For this meeting, we welcome people committed to improving the GRASS GIS project and the interfaces to QGIS, GDAL, PostGIS, R statistics, Sextante, gvSIG, OGC Services (esp. WPS) and more. This includes developers, documenters, bug reporters, translators and others.
Please check more info on the Vienna Code Sprint Sponsoring page.
When: 24-28 March, 2014
Of course you are invited to join or leave the community sprint whenever you want.
Duration: All week
The City of Vienna MA 14 gladly provides the location for the Vienna Code Sprint for up to 60 sprinters in their very new office called STAR 22.
The venue is not far from the center of Vienna (~25min via train and subway) and can be reached easily from the Vienna airport via train.
Accommodation and Costs
Please check on the wiki page of the sprint more information about accommodation and costs
Please fill the related table on the wiki page of the sprint.
Via IRC chat or hangout
- #grass on Freenode
For details, see IRC
There is the option to use Google+ Hangout, it's limited to 10 people and may require everyone to have G+ social media accounts to participate. (?)
Similarly multi-video conference calls can be done with Skype if the conference call initiator is a paid-up commercial Skype customer.
Further discussion on the pros and cons of these can be found on the Talk side of this wiki page.
Please add yourself here below (please add also your gmail account for G+ hangout):
- Bring your own computer
- Bring power connector adapter if needed (Austria CEE 7/4 (German "Schuko")(Type F))
- Install subversion and the compiler tools, and come with a working GRASS development environment if possible.
Broadcast & Video
During the event :)
Also during the event :)
- How was it last time?
- Very nice, see GRASS Community Sprint Prague 2013!
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the GRASS project and/or are committed to improving the GRASS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working GRASS implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of Open Source GIS software
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the community sprint?
(to be done)