GRASS GCI Ideas 2017
This is the GRASS page for Google Code In 2017. Here we will list task ideas and other information related to the GRASS GCI projects.
Ideas for tasks
Some ideas collected so far:
- Create a screenshot for the next 74 release announcement
- Design the t-shirt for the next code-sprint
- Add examples to manual pages
- Make a promo video for GRASS GIS
- Make new tutorial videos for GRASS GIS
- Enhance the visual index
- Make screenshots to populate the visual change log in new features pages (e.g., for New Features GRASS 7.4)
- Create icons/phrases to include in sticker sheets
- Give a talk about GRASS GIS to classmates
- Submit a patch for a certain bug or enhancement ticket
- Contribute tests for modules
- add your own idea...
Details about the tasks
- There should be some very simple and introductory tasks such as installing GRASS GIS and making a screenshot, intermediate tasks, and more advanced ones as those involving a bit (more) of coding. A certain large task might also be split into smaller tasks.
- Those general ideas like "make examples for manual pages" might then be replicated for several modules, for example, and each one will constitute a task.
- Translations are not allowed by Google Code In as tasks.
List of available mentors to follow the tasks
Note: To sign up as a mentor, write an email to: email@example.com.