GRASS GIS APIs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Introduction to this document
GRASS Modules as "functions"
- GRASS has modular structure: each module is a separate program
- Easy to integrate into any language that allows system calls
The Python scripting library
- Some specific python functions to facilitate calling grass modules and capturing their output
Easy GUI creation in scripts
- Automatic GUI creation based on basic configuration of options
The PyGRASS API using ctypes
- Direct access to low-level C-functions (via ctypes).
- Direct access to data
- Allows writing more complex Python programs than the scripting library
- Core library is 30 years old
- Different additional libraries added through time