GRASS GIS Community Sprint Autumn 2017
GRASS people, let's meet! Because until the GRASS Community Sprint in March 2018 there's still a looong way to go and there are topics that have been on the agenda for quite some time already... but especially because it is always so nice and fun to meet :D
Discuss and tackle topics such as:
- Specs for GRASS GIS 8
- What's missing for 7.4.0
- Set up new website (asap) with responsive design
- Migration to git
- Include/invite more core devs
- Review and (possible) integration of GSoC 2017 work
- possibility of a survey to know who uses GRASS GIS
- offer more GRASS GIS courses
- more online material, use Sphinx
- generate tons of 1min videos
If you are interested to sponsor the GRASS Community Sprint, please read about
sponsoring the GRASS project at http://grass.osgeo.org/donations/
and, if needed, contact Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>. Any surplus at the end of the event will be turned over to the GRASS GIS project.
The GRASS Community Sprint is a great occasion for you to support the development of GRASS. With your contribution you'll enable more developers to meet. The community sprint is an important opportunity for the GRASS developers to discuss and collaboratively resolve bugs, plan the direction for the project and work on new features. The developers and contributors are donating their valuable time, so it would be great if in-kind funding can be made available from within the community to cover out-of-pocket expenses. All of the work that takes place at the community sprint will be directly contributed back into the GRASS project to the benefit of everyone who uses it.
Thanks to our sponsors
- To be defined
Accommodation and Costs
- To be defined
For organizational reasons (i.e. define place and date), please additionally register at: https://beta.doodle.com/poll/p4a8wmtcpw6c9m9s
Please add your name here:
|2||Markus Neteler||Germany||Sat 11th||Mon 13th||See agenda :)||M||Will be travelling back from SFCon Bolzano, hence arriving on Sat|
Via IRC chat
(IRC is a nice archaic chat system, see IRC)
- Bring your own computer
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed. See also http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
- Install subversion and the compiler tools, and come with a working GRASS development environment if possible.
Remember to take at least one group photo! :-)
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the GRASS project and/or are committed to improving the GRASS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working GRASS implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of Open Source GIS software
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the community sprint?
- Contact Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail com>