GRASS GIS Community Sprint Bonn 2018
The GRASS community will join the general OSGeo Code Sprint in BaseCamp Bonn, following the annual FOSSGIS conference (German Speaking Local OSGeo Chapter conference from 18 - 25 March 2018 in Bonn, Germany)
OSGeo Code Sprint 2018 in BaseCamp Bonn, Germany, from 18 - 25 March 2018
Please check more info on the Bonn Code Sprint 2018 here.
We also welcome direct financial contributions to help reducing travelling and accommodation expenses for GRASS developers with far arrival If you are interested to sponsor the GRASS Community Sprint, please read about
- sponsoring the GRASS project at http://grass.osgeo.org/donations
For any questions, please contact Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>. Any surplus at the end of the event will be turned over to the GRASS GIS project.
This GRASS GIS Community Sprint is a great occasion for you to support the development of GRASS. With your contribution you'll enable more developers to meet. The community sprint is an important opportunity for the GRASS developers to discuss and collaboratively resolve bugs, plan the direction for the project and work on new features. Please see below for the more detailed agenda. The developers and contributors are donating their valuable time, so it would be great if in-kind funding can be made available from within the community to cover out-of-pocket expenses. All of the work that takes place at the community sprint will be directly contributed back into the GRASS project to the benefit of everyone who uses it. This Bonn event is especially interesting since important OSGeo projects come together!
Agenda - What we plan to do
Move to GIT
- Choose between different ways: OSGeo Git, Github, GitLab
- Participant are invited to study GIT before :-)
For organizational reasons, please additionally register at: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Code_Sprint_2018#Participants <<--- important!
Please add your name here or contact Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail com>:
|1||Markus Neteler||Germany||18.3.||25.3.||Migration to git discussion, GRASS GIS 8||M|
|2||Yann Chemin||France||18.3.||25.3.||ISIS-GRASS, Planetary projections, i.ortho.photo, bundle blocks, GRASS GIS 8||XL|
|3||Martin Landa||Czech Republic||18.3.||25.3.||Migration to git discussion, website discussion, GRASS GIS 8||L|
|4||... your name|
Via IRC chat
(IRC is a nice archaic chat system, see IRC)
- Bring your own computer
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed (photo: Germany). See also http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
- Install subversion and the compiler tools, and come with a working GRASS development environment if possible.
We have to remember to take at least one group photo! :-)
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the GRASS project and/or are committed to improving the GRASS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working GRASS implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of Open Source GIS software
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the community sprint?
- Contact Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail com>