GRASS GIS Community Sprint Prague 2019
December 2 (Mon) - 6 (Fri), 2019
Czech Technical University, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Department of Geomatics, Czech Republic
Location: Thákurova 7/2077, Prague (OSM Map)
Donation from OSGeo. Please check more info GRASS GIS Budget 2019.
We also welcome direct financial contributions to help reducing traveling and accommodation expenses for GRASS developers with far arrival. If you are interested to sponsor the GRASS Community Sprint, please read about
- sponsoring the GRASS project via our Paypal money pool
For any questions, please contact Martin Landa. Any surplus at the end of the event will be turned over to the GRASS GIS project.
This GRASS GIS Community Sprint is a great occasion for you to support the development of GRASS. With your contribution you'll enable more developers to meet. The community sprint is an important opportunity for the GRASS developers to discuss and collaboratively resolve bugs, plan the direction for the project and work on new features. Please see below for the more detailed agenda. The developers and contributors are donating their valuable time, so it would be great if in-kind funding can be made available from within the community to cover out-of-pocket expenses. All of the work that takes place at the community sprint will be directly contributed back into the GRASS project to the benefit of everyone who uses it.
Agenda - What we plan to do
- work on https://github.com/osgeo/grass-website
- add Binder-based "try online"
- goal: publish at grass.osgeo.org
- 7.8.2 (reasoning: https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/191)
- 7.6.1 (g.extension compatible with GitHub)
Completion of Subversion to Git migration
- migrate Trac tickets to GitHub
- discuss Trac wiki future
- export-subst, https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/3972#comment:6 (https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/commit/69be6c5f9a8d794ecffb9b8072c6e932984d07e5)
Automated packaging and CI/CD
- reproducible workflow for build on Windows (core+addons), possibly in CI/CD
- build in Conda on Linux with a goal to publish recipe on conda-forge
- discuss PPAs, Flatpack, Snap, and AppImage
- update Travis-CI setup or discuss/add/migrate to different services
Community and Organization
- please can we merge https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/pull/130
- √ update wxPython OSGeo4W package to 4.0.7, https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/615
- discuss https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/New_Startup
For organizational reasons.
Please add your name here:
|1||Martin Landa||Czech Republic||02/12||06/12||trac tickets -> github issues, website||L|
|2||Anna Petrasova||USA/Czech Republic||Dec 2nd||Dec 6th||Windows packaging, tickets||M|
|3||Vaclav Petras||USA/Czech Republic||Dec 2nd||Dec 6th||packaging, CI/CD, usage from Python, "try" links for website||M|
|4||Ondřej Pešek||Czech Republic||02/12||06/12||work on the PyWPS export from gmodeler, gmodeler-related tickets (#3923...), ANN||M|
There are several Hotels etc. in walking distance.
Points of contact
- Martin Landa: landa.martin AT gmail DOT com
Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Thákurova 7/2077, Prague (OSM Map)
Public transportation works nicely in general.
Subway / Metro
- From Airport: take bus 119 to Nadrazi Veleslavin (end station), change to underground (green line) and go to Dejvicka station
- From (Main) Railway Station: take underground (red line) to Muzeum change to green line and go to Dejvicka station
Rooms & hours
- Monday 2.12.: 13.30-18
- Tuesday 3.12.: 13-18
- Wednesday 4.12.: 09-13
- Thursday 5.12.: 09-18
- Friday 6.12.: 09-18
- √ : Book room
- √ : Stickers and magnets ordered and arrived
- √ : Internet connection
- √ : Plan/order catering
- √ : Discuss swag (t-shirts ? mugs ?)
- √ : Consider whatsapp(or similar) channel for last minute communication
- √ : Consider side events:
- Group picture ?
- Fancy dinner ?
Via IRC chat
(IRC is a nice archaic chat system, see IRC)
We can use Hangouts, Zoom, Jitsi or Skype... Plenty of options!
|2||Luca Delucchi||Italy||Website improvements|
- Bring your own computer
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed (photo: Czech Republic). See also http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
- Install git, and the compiler tools, and come with a working GRASS development environment if possible.
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the GRASS project and/or are committed to improving the GRASS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working GRASS implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of Open Source GIS software
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the community sprint?
- Contact Martin Landa landa.martin gmail.com