GRASS GIS Ispra meetups 2016
A group of people contributing or interested in contributing to GRASS GIS is planning to meet in the coming days in Ispra (VA), Italy, in the Clubhouse of the Joint Research Centre in working days outside working hours and / or during weekend in a place to be decided. If you aren't a contributor but still are interested, please have a look at the documentation for first time users and come to discover, we will introduce you to GRASS GIS. If you are interested, please contact us.
Moreover, there is a mailing list based in JRC but not only, dedicated to open source geospatial software and local initiatives, you are invited to subscribe to keep yourself up-to-date about local activities related to FOSS. Check also our wiki.
Contact person: Margherita Di Leo (diregola gmail com)
27 Sep 2016
Location: Clubhouse of the Joint Research Centre, room
Time: h 5:00 PM onward
Arrangements: Bring your laptop, some power strips (ciabatta) if you have, prepare a 5 minutes presentation of your work and what you use / would like to use GRASS for, your experience, your research questions etc..
- Introduction of participants with short presentations of their work and their interest to use GRASS GIS, questions and answers.
- How to contribute to the GRASS GIS project: adding examples to the manual pages.
- Planning meetings and activities of common interest.
- We can take advantage of beer sold at clubhouse and we can have some meters of pizza to be delivered on call.
- Margherita Di Leo
- Yann Chemin
- Thomas Huld
- Chiara Dorati
- Daniele Borio
- Ciro Gioia
- Ana Gracia
- Ruben Urraca
- Daniele de Rigo
- Philipp Schaegner
- Roxanne Leberger
- Jorge Lopez-Perez
- Fabio Fussi
- GRASS intro
- Case studies of GRASS used in research
- Forest tree species distribution
- Solar radiation
- GRASS installation on MS Windows and Ubuntu
- Sample data download
- Creating a new location
- EPSG codes
- Getting familiar with the Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Importing data
- Intro to the Command Line Interface (CLI)
- GRASS and Python
- Intro to automating your workflow using bash scripting
- Getting the most updated GRASS version: