GRASS GIS at OSGeo Community Sprint 2019
Jump to navigation Jump to search
OSGeo Community Sprint 2019, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities, May 14-17, 2019.
Check sprint's sponsors here.
- Find the best way for GRASS GIS to use PDAL.
- Get new prototype started in terms of code design and/or putting the basic pieces together to test specific usages of API and have a prototype which would conform with the PDAL API best practices. Options are PDAL C++ API (original pre- and modern post-1.0 release), using PDAL C API, and command line pipeline API.
- Identify and ideally implement any features in GRASS GIS API which would make it easier for OpenDroneMap to run GRASS GIS algorithms.
- Write and/or review a draft of Git/GitHub usage best practices for GRASS GIS learning from the projects which migrated from Subversion/Trac in recent years.
- Finishing porting GRASS to Python 3 so that we can release long-awaited Python3-compatible version.
- Connect GRASS more tightly, namely to build on top the current integration and add a stronger analytical component to WebODM.
Vaclav (Vashek) Petras
- Started discussion about the right PDAL API for GRASS GIS.
- PDAL C API is not part of the core and the maintenance plan for future is unclear.
- Connected with ODM group and clarified the goals.
- Update documentation for v.surf.rst for point clouds ( )