Difference between revisions of "GRASS GIS at OSGeo Virtual Community Sprint 2020"

From GRASS-Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(add people stats)
(Report)
Line 17: Line 17:
  
 
* 22 PRs merged
 
* 22 PRs merged
** Open recent files in integrated Python editor
+
** Open recent files in the integrated Python editor
** Automatically show all newly created data in GUI
+
** Automatically show all newly created data in the GUI
 
** GUI fixes: 2
 
** GUI fixes: 2
 
** Better CLI messages: 2
 
** Better CLI messages: 2
Line 25: Line 25:
 
** grass-addons repo: 8 PRs
 
** grass-addons repo: 8 PRs
 
** See the [https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/projects/4 OSGeo Virtual OSGeo Community Sprint 2020 project on Github] for full list of PRs worked on in the grass repo.
 
** See the [https://github.com/OSGeo/grass/projects/4 OSGeo Virtual OSGeo Community Sprint 2020 project on Github] for full list of PRs worked on in the grass repo.
 +
* New PRs opened and old issues closed.
 
* 2 hours of community meeting in Jitsi with participants from at least three continents
 
* 2 hours of community meeting in Jitsi with participants from at least three continents
 
** Topic 1: Priorities for the upcoming GRASS GIS 8 release
 
** Topic 1: Priorities for the upcoming GRASS GIS 8 release
** Action point 1: Open issues on GitHub for the important at [https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass8Planning Grass8Planning wiki page on Trac] (pick the one ''you'' care about)
+
** Action point 1: Open issues on GitHub for the important items at [https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass8Planning Grass8Planning wiki page on Trac] (pick the one ''you'' care about the most)
 
** Topic 2: Is it ''database, location, and mapset'' or ''project and subproject in a directory''?
 
** Topic 2: Is it ''database, location, and mapset'' or ''project and subproject in a directory''?
 
** Action point 2: Discuss various aspects of the location-project controversy on the mailing list.
 
** Action point 2: Discuss various aspects of the location-project controversy on the mailing list.
 
* People:
 
* People:
 
** 5 signed up
 
** 5 signed up
 +
*** Luca Delucchi
 +
*** Vaclav Petras
 +
*** Veronica Andreo
 +
*** Markus Neteler
 +
*** Denis Ovsienko
 
** 12 in the community meeting
 
** 12 in the community meeting
** And still more engaged through GitHub  
+
** And still more engaged through GitHub and mailing list
  
 
== Photos ==
 
== Photos ==

Revision as of 21:33, 19 November 2020

Grassgis logo colorlogo text whitebg.png

GRASS GIS participated in the OSGeo Virtual OSGeo Community Sprint 2020 which took place online. November 17, 18, and 19.

Sponsors

See OSGeo Virtual OSGeo Community Sprint 2020.

Communication channels

  • GitHub
  • grass-dev mailing list
  • Jitsi (meet.jit.si)
  • A dedicated grass repo project on GitHub for the sprint

Report

  • 22 PRs merged
    • Open recent files in the integrated Python editor
    • Automatically show all newly created data in the GUI
    • GUI fixes: 2
    • Better CLI messages: 2
    • Code quality, segmentation fault: 5
    • Other: Unlimited shell history, Fixes for parallel import, CI
    • grass-addons repo: 8 PRs
    • See the OSGeo Virtual OSGeo Community Sprint 2020 project on Github for full list of PRs worked on in the grass repo.
  • New PRs opened and old issues closed.
  • 2 hours of community meeting in Jitsi with participants from at least three continents
    • Topic 1: Priorities for the upcoming GRASS GIS 8 release
    • Action point 1: Open issues on GitHub for the important items at Grass8Planning wiki page on Trac (pick the one you care about the most)
    • Topic 2: Is it database, location, and mapset or project and subproject in a directory?
    • Action point 2: Discuss various aspects of the location-project controversy on the mailing list.
  • People:
    • 5 signed up
      • Luca Delucchi
      • Vaclav Petras
      • Veronica Andreo
      • Markus Neteler
      • Denis Ovsienko
    • 12 in the community meeting
    • And still more engaged through GitHub and mailing list

Photos

See also