Difference between revisions of "GRASS GIS at OSGeo Virtual Community Sprint 2020"
(Report from the sprint)
Revision as of 19:52, 19 November 2020
GRASS GIS participated in the OSGeo Virtual OSGeo Community Sprint 2020 which took place online. November 17, 18, and 19.
- grass-dev mailing list
- Jitsi (meet.jit.si)
- A dedicated grass repo project on GitHub for the sprint
- 22 PRs merged
- Open recent files in integrated Python editor
- Automatically show all newly created data in GUI
- GUI fixes: 2
- Better CLI messages: 2
- Code quality, segmentation fault: 5
- Other: Unlimited shell history, Fixes for parallel import, CI
- grass-addons repo: 8 PRs
- See the OSGeo Virtual OSGeo Community Sprint 2020 project on Github for full list of PRs worked on in the grass repo.
- 2 hours of community meeting in Jitsi with participants from at least three continents
- Topic 1: Priorities for the upcoming GRASS GIS 8 release
- Action point 1: Open issues on GitHub for the important at Grass8Planning wiki page on Trac (pick the one you care about)
- Topic 2: Is it database, location, and mapset or project and subproject in a directory?
- Action point 2: Discuss various aspects of the location-project controversy on the mailing list.