GRASS and Python
Revision as of 08:54, 23 May 2006 by Dassau
Python extensions from GRASS GIS
- SWIG interface (thanks to Sajith VK): http://freegis.gnu.org.in/temporary/python_grass6.tar.bz2
SWIG (Simpliﬁed Wrapper and Interface Generator) is:
- A compiler that turns ANSI C/C++ declarations into scripting language interfaces.
- Completely automated (produces a fully working Python extension module).
- Language neutral. SWIG can also target Tcl, Perl, Guile, MATLAB, etc...
- Attempts to eliminate the tedium of writing extension modules.