GRASS migration hints
Revision as of 21:55, 14 June 2006 by HamishBowman (exapnd more)
Migrating to GRASS
Welcome! There is a lot of help on the web and a wealth of expertise available on the mailing lists and via IRC.
GIS "The GRASS way"
- Collaboration with external software is highly encouraged.
- GDAL/OGR for Import/Export
- R statistics
- Matlab/Octave - r.in.mat, r.out.mat, v.in.mapgen, v.in.ascii, v.out.ascii
- GMT - Generic Mapping Tools for cartography
- All code POSIX C and generic UNIX compatible
- GRASS is made up of modular tools specifically designed for easy scriptability in any number of common scripting languages
- SWIG interface for direct hooks into higher scripting languages