Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
LIDAR and Multi-beam Swath bathymetry data
- r.in.xyz - Create a raster map from an assemblage of many coordinates using univariate statistics.
- v.in.ascii - Import data from an ASCII file to GRASS vector format.
Limited to a few million data points unless topology and database creation is skipped
- v.lidar.edgedetection - Detect the object's edges from a LIDAR data set.
- v.lidar.growing - Building contour determination and Region Growing algorithm for determining the building inside.
- v.lidar.correction - Correction of the v.lidar.growing output. It is the last of the three algorithms for LIDAR filtering.
- v.surf.rst - Spatial approximation and topographic analysis using regularized spline with tension.
- v.surf.idw - Surface interpolation from vector point data by Inverse Distance Squared Weighting.
- r.fillnulls - Fills no-data areas in raster maps using v.surf.rst splines interpolation.
Swath Bathymetry Tools
- The v.swathwidith module by David Finlayson for planning surveys. (development page)
- An example of post-processing scanned paper sidescan swaths using thin plate spline warping with GDAL's "gdalwarp -tps" function. (debugging page)
- r.terraflow - computation of flow direction, flow accumulation and other basic topographic terrain indices from massive raster digital elevation models (DEM). From the Duke University STREAM project.
- Flood simulation using r.lake. Includes fancy NVIZ visualization of Trento, Italy, by Markus Neteler.
Widely used in GRASS tutorials
- United States Antarctic Resource Center: LIDAR High-resolution DEM Final DATA Downloads
- LIDAR ALSM Research, Arizona State University Ative Tectonics, Research Group
http://lidar.asu.edu/research.html and http://www.geongrid.org/science/lidar.html
- USGS Center for LIDAR Information Coordination and Knowledge (aka CLICK) - USGS LiDAR point cloud distribution site
- Washington State Geospatial Data Archive, Mount Saint Helens - Lidar Data
- Puget Sound Lidar Consortium, public-domain high-resolution topography for western Washington
- NOAA Topographic Change Mapping LIDAR Data Retrieval Tool (LDART) NOAA Coastal Services Center
- Landmap, LIDAR Data from the Environment Agency
- Northern California LIDAR data
http://quake.usgs.gov/research/geology/lidar/ and http://core2.gsfc.nasa.gov/lidar/terrapoint/
- IDAHO GEOSPATIAL , Bare Earth LIDAR DEM Download - UTM
- EarthScope Spatial Data Explorer - A java application for querying, browsing, and acquiring data from the EarthScope Spatial Data Repository. Currently includes a number of LiDAR datasets.