Jump to navigation Jump to search
LIDAR and Multi-beam Swath bathymetry data
- r.in.xyz - Create a raster map from an assemblage of many coordinates using univariate statistics.
- v.in.ascii - Import data from an ASCII file to GRASS vector format.
Limited to a few million data points unless topology and database creation is skipped with '-b' flag
- v.lidar.edgedetection - Detect the object's edges from a LIDAR data set.
- v.lidar.growing - Building contour determination and Region Growing algorithm for determining the building inside.
- v.lidar.correction - Correction of the v.lidar.growing output. It is the last of the three algorithms for LIDAR filtering.
- v.surf.rst - Spatial approximation and topographic analysis using regularized spline with tension.
- v.surf.idw - Surface interpolation from vector point data by Inverse Distance Squared Weighting.
- r.fillnulls - Fills no-data areas in raster maps using v.surf.rst splines interpolation.
Swath Bathymetry Tools
- The v.swathwidith module by David Finlayson for planning surveys. (development page)
- An example of post-processing scanned paper sidescan swaths using thin plate spline warping with GDAL's "gdalwarp -tps" function. (debugging page)
- r.terraflow - computation of flow direction, flow accumulation and other basic topographic terrain indices from massive raster digital elevation models (DEM). From the Duke University STREAM project.
- Flood simulation using r.lake. Includes fancy NVIZ visualization of Trento, Italy, by Markus Neteler.
Widely used in GRASS tutorials
- United States Antarctic Resource Center: LIDAR High-resolution DEM Final DATA Downloads
- LIDAR ALSM Research, Arizona State University Ative Tectonics, Research Group
http://lidar.asu.edu/research.html and http://www.geongrid.org/science/lidar.html
- USGS Center for LIDAR Information Coordination and Knowledge (aka CLICK) - USGS LiDAR point cloud distribution site
- Washington State Geospatial Data Archive, Mount Saint Helens - Lidar Data
- Puget Sound Lidar Consortium, public-domain high-resolution topography for western Washington
- NOAA Topographic Change Mapping LIDAR Data Retrieval Tool (LDART) NOAA Coastal Services Center
- Landmap, LIDAR Data from the Environment Agency
- Northern California LIDAR data
http://quake.usgs.gov/research/geology/lidar/ and http://core2.gsfc.nasa.gov/lidar/terrapoint/
- IDAHO GEOSPATIAL , Bare Earth LIDAR DEM Download - UTM
- EarthScope Spatial Data Explorer - A java application for querying, browsing, and acquiring data from the EarthScope Spatial Data Repository. Currently includes a number of LiDAR datasets.
- South Tyrol - Download of DTMs (Homepage in German or Italian)