Difference between revisions of "Migration from CVS to SVN"
|Line 48:||Line 48:|
Revision as of 16:12, 5 December 2007
This page contains notes related to GRASS code migration (planned) from CVS to SVN.
- The SVN command line interface is just like CVS, many tasks are identical - just change the program name from cvs to svn.
GRASS CVS repository structure
/grass-cvs | +---/CVSROOT | +---/grass | +---/grass51 | +---/grass6 | +---/grass_doc | +---/libgrass | +---/newsletter | +---/programgrass50 | +---/web
GRASS OSGeo SVN repository structure
/grass-svn | +---/grass | | | +---/trunk (grass6 CVS HEAD) | | | +---/branches | | | | | +---/releasebranch_5_x (note: 5_5 based on grass5 CVS HEAD) | | | | | +---/releasebranch_6_x | | | +---/tags | |---/grass-addons | +---/grass-web | | | +---/trunk
- grass51, grass_doc, libgrass and programgrass50 are dead, will be not migrated
- grass migrated as grass/branches/releasebranch_5_5
- web migrated as grass-web
- newsletter will be merged with OSGeo newsletter repository
./grass-cvs2svn-base.sh ./grass-cvs2svn-s2.sh ./grass-cvs2svn-wxpython.sh
GRASS 7 development notes
- My Experiences With Subversion by Simon Tatham
- cvs2svn tool page
- Migration plan example
- Converting CVS to subversion
- List CVS Tags
- Online book: Version Control with Subversion
There are two main options to host the new SVN repository.