PSC election 2012
Call for election email
Mon Oct 8 02:20:59 PDT 2012 Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org Dear all, the GRASS-PSC (GRASS Project Steering Commitee, see also http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/PSC ) formally oversees the activities of the GRASS GIS project. It operates at a low level of complication. Since several members stepped down in this year due to time constraints or other reasons, we need to start the process to renew parts of the PSC. List of current PSC members: - Hamish Bowman - Helena Mitasova - Markus Neteler (chair) - Massimiliano Cannata - Michael Barton - Scott Mitchell Former PSC members: - Brad Douglas - Dylan Beaudette - Paul Kelly - Maciej Sieczka In essence we have 4 slots available. This is the "call for nomination" to obtain a list of people with recognized contribution to the GRASS project. The proposer should nominate community member(s) along with a small paragraph describing why the candidate is proposed as PSC member. We'll collect the nominations on a Wiki page and figure out how to identify the four new members if we get more than four candidates :) Best Markus
List of nominees for the PSC election
Any community member is eligible to propose a new PSC member candidate.
To submit a PSC member nomination:
- Please confirm with the nominated person first.
- Please send an email to PSC mailing list - firstname.lastname@example.org (you should be subscribed) - and also feel free to cc: the nomination to the GRASS user list - email@example.com - so that the community remains informed.
- Please add details below.
- Also, you might want to reference your Wiki profile here:
Deadline: Wednesday, 31 October 2012, 12:00 UTC
The list of nominees:
|Candidate's name||Country||From: Your name (Nominator)
I'd like to nominate XXX
|Martin Landa||Czech Republic||From: Margherita Di Leo|
|Markus Metz||Germany||From: Luca Delucchi|
|Margherita Di Leo||Italy||From: Helmut Kudrnovsky|
|Moritz Lennert||Belgium||From: Eric Momsen
All proposed PSC members have been accepted by the current PSC as of 25 Nov. 2012.
New GRASS GIS PSC (order by surname):
- Michael Barton, USA
- Hamish Bowman, New Zealand
- Massimiliano Cannata, Switzerland
- Moritz Lennert, Belgium
- Margherita Di Leo, Italy
- Martin Landa, Czech Republic
- Markus Metz, Germany
- Helena Mitasova, USA
- Scott Mitchell, Canada
- Markus Neteler (chair), Italy