Difference between revisions of "Talk:Compile and Install Ubuntu"
m (added <nowiki>SomeCode</nowiki>)
m (Current edits)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 11:46, 29 December 2012
- Slowly improving appearance
- Aiming to split content in two pages--Nikos 03:46, 29 December 2012 (PST)
- add comments in this page and keep the wiki-page clean --Nikos 13:40, 3 November 2012 (PDT)
- use time stamps when adding comments in _this_ page! --Nikos 10:11, 1 April 2011 (PDT)
- in order to improve readability, for code blocks add
- <source lang="bash">source code\<source>
- and <source lang="bash" enclose="none">checkinstall</source> for inline pieces of code --Nikos 03:40, 29 December 2012 (PST)
- Should libreadline5 and libreadline5-dev be changed to libreadline6 and libreadline6-dev for newer versions of Ubuntu?
- Probably yes. --Nikos 13:37, 3 November 2012 (PDT)
- Comment removed from the wiki-page itself and copy-pasted here: (caveat: allegedly works for me - can someone please confirm? //Stefan ) --Nikos 13:37, 3 November 2012 (PDT)
- libhdf4g-run has been superseded in recent versions of Ubuntu. This should be noted in the article.
- Instead of specifically searching (dependency-)packages to be installed, sudo apt-get build-dep could be used. It seems it works for proj4, geos, gdal, grass (tested on Kubuntu Maverick 64-bit). --Nikos 10:09, 1 April 2011 (PDT)
- Option --with-sqlite is not recognised and should be deleted.
- Should libxerces-c-dev be made one of the dependencies? --with-xerces=yes returns a warning that library files are not found.
Folks, please keep the instructions of installing by using checkinstall. It is a very good way to keep things "cleaner" when it comes to uninstall stuff. Instead of removing the instruction(s) for checkinstall, add the (traditional way) "make install" instruction.
Except if there is a good reason for not using checkinstall. If there is, please explain.--Nikos 04:06, 24 November 2010 (PST)