Proposal for Google SoC 2010
- To implement all missing features from TCL/TK
application and replace nviz by wxNviz in GRASS 7 (remove TCL/TK dependency)
- Decoration (labels, north arrow, scale bar, legend, fringe)
- Querying (rasters, vectors, volumes)
- Cutting planes, scaled difference
- Scripting, including replacement for tool to generate images for dynamic surfaces
- Point symbols sized and colored based on attributes
- Make wxNviz working on MS Windows
- Add more features here...
- New features
- (optional) Design and implement text displaying and styling in OGSF library and it's front-end wxNVIZ. Solution should be user configurable (fonts, colors, effects etc.) and multilanguage friendly.
- (optional) Design and implement user-provided symbol support in OGSF library and it's front-end wxNVIZ. Solution should support GRASS symbols and/or SVG symbols.