Wx.stream GSoC 2011
Aim of the project
In GRASS GIS new modules suitable for hydrological analysis have been developed, r.stream*. My idea is to develop a wxpython GUI for r.stream* that allows to see the preview of the hydrological analysis over a part of a map and then decide if apply the analysis or not. It will include "multiple previews". Every result can be saved as an image and set of parameters for future use in additional "preview windows", next choose from group of possible parameters that which is most suitable.
- fill this page
- IDEAS TO DISCUSS
here is my scratch for r.stream GUI.
I thought to add in Map display a button that allows to select a point on the DEM that will be the center of the preview. So the region is determined by the script and not by the user. This can avoid the warning message for the user if the region selected is too big.
Selecting the point on DEM raises a window with different tabs. Each tab corresponds to a r.stream command. In each tab there are text boxes in which user inserts parameters required to run the command. Below them, there are the following buttons:
- "Preview" Button : it generates the preview. The previews are visible on the right side of the panel. Passing the mouse over the previews shows the command line and so the parameters' values, just like menu items in main GUI.
- "Change Point" Button : it switches on the map display and allows the user to change the center of the preview window.
- "Apply" Button : it applies the analysis over the map on basis of the selected preview. If no preview is selected it applies the last generated. If no preview has been generated it simply applies the command as it is.
- "Close" Button : it closes the window.
Please feel free to discuss and comment my idea.
- 23 May - 5 Jun : design interface based on other similar software
- 6 Jun - 15 Jul : midterm goal: get a preview widget working in grass7
- 16 Jul - 31 Jul: add functionality and documentation
- 1 Aug - 15 Aug : testing
- final goal: working GUI for grass7