WxGUI Cartographic Composer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Back to wxGUI.
For development issues see Trac page.
(see also ) is a cartographic composer, intended to be a stand-alone hardcopy plot generator. It is not meant to be a Print button for the maps currently displayed in the map canvas, that will need it own controls.
The GUI (so called the announcement in the mailing list.) will prepare a semi-WYSIWYG + tree menu controls which can write a control file, and then run to create PostScript output directly. See
The GUI currently supports the most important mapping instructions
- text labels
After installation launch GUI for ps.map from wxGUI menu
File -> Hardcopy Map Output Utility
Setting -> Install extension from add-ons
- Click on "Fetch" button
- Choose "wxGUI | wx.psmap"
- Check in "Install system-wide (may need system administrator rights)"
- And install selected extension by clicking on "Install"
From Command Prompt
- In GRASS 7
g.extension -s svnurl=https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons extension=wx.psmap
- In GRASS 6
Note:in GRASS 6 doesn't support installing wxGUI extensions. You can install from wxGUI Command prompt using Python version of available as g.extension.py
g.extension.py -s svnurl=https://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass-addons extension=wx.psmap
- Ability to load in saved instructions file. I consider this to be a low priority, deal with it after map creation is fully functional. Start with scripts saved using the GUI, after that is working expand to load any ps.map instructions file.
- instructions file
- PostScript file
- PDF File [PostScript tmp file]