Back to wxGUI page.
wxNviz is a wxGUI extension which allows users to realistically render multiple surfaces (raster data) in a 3D space, optionally using thematic coloring, draping 2D vector data over the surfaces, displaying 3D vector data in the space, and visualization of volume data (3D raster data).
Older tutorials (2010)
- Fog support (see , , )
- Vertical labels (take from geonames.org point data): like in http://tev.fbk.eu/marmota/blog/?p=82
- Second interactive light source for isosurface visualization
- Tick marks and coordinate values to x,y,z axis when drawing fringe
- List of open and closed tickets
- Adding vector data crashes wxGUI on Mac
- Viewing height sometimes sets to 1 after switching to 2D and back to 3D View (or with the simultaneous 2D view - very nice feature) and even after View is reset, it keeps getting back at 1 each time the slider is touched
- Hopefully fixed in
- Isosurfaces tested with Nags Head time series data (I will provide link) don't seem to be working, after setting 3D region and adding 3D raster nothing gets drawn, when moving the related DEM around only line rectangle shows instead of a box.
- Adding draw, draw current and clear button may be useful
- Thematic mapping is available in GRASS 7 only
- Display region in 3D does not change accordingly to display region in 2D in version <= 6.5