- AniMove is add-on software for analysis of animal movement and ranging behaviour using QGIS+GRASS+R.
Authors: Support by Faunalia.it
- GRASS implementation: v.adehabitat.clusthr, v.adehabitat.kernelUD, v.adehabitat.mcp
Author: Clement Calenge
- v.transect.kia calculates kilometric abundance indexes (KIA), a common indirect presence index used in wildlife monitoring along line transect surveys. Path lengths can be corrected by draping on a DEM, different type of point objects can be weighted according to their relative importance, and paths can be segmented using a further polygon vector (to calculate, say, abundances per elevation range or per habitat class). The module is written in bash and needs a GRASS install compiled with sqlite support.
Authors: Clara Tattoni and Damiano G. Preatoni
- Cagnacci, F., Focardi, S., Heurich, M., Hewison, A., Kjellander, P., Linnell, J., Mysterud, A., Neteler, M., Delucchi, L., Urbano, F. (2011). Migratory, stationary and the not so clear ones: behavioural gradients in partial migration of roe deer are determined by ecological and social factors. Oikos 120 (12), 1790-1802 (DOI | PDF)
- Preatoni, D.G., Tattoni, C., Bisi, F., Masseroni, E., D’Acunto, D., Lunardi, S., Grimod, I., Martinoli, A., Tosi, G., 2011. Open Source evaluation of kilometric indexes of abundance. Ecological Informatics In Press (DOI)