Difference between revisions of "GRASS GIS Community Sprint Berlin 2019"
(→In person: + MN dates)
(+ via video call section)
|Line 188:||Line 188:|
Revision as of 14:08, 7 May 2019
May 17 (Fri) - May 20 (Mon), 2019 at DIW Berlin, Berlin, Germany.
Location: Mohrenstraße 58, 10117 Berlin (OSM Map)
DIW Berlin: Free provision of meeting rooms and internet access.
Donation from OSGeo. Please check more info GRASS GIS Budget 2019.
We also welcome direct financial contributions to help reducing travelling and accommodation expenses for GRASS developers with far arrival If you are interested to sponsor the GRASS Community Sprint, please read about
- sponsoring the GRASS project via our Paypal money pool
For any questions, please contact Martin Landa. Any surplus at the end of the event will be turned over to the GRASS GIS project.
This GRASS GIS Community Sprint is a great occasion for you to support the development of GRASS. With your contribution you'll enable more developers to meet. The community sprint is an important opportunity for the GRASS developers to discuss and collaboratively resolve bugs, plan the direction for the project and work on new features. Please see below for the more detailed agenda. The developers and contributors are donating their valuable time, so it would be great if in-kind funding can be made available from within the community to cover out-of-pocket expenses. All of the work that takes place at the community sprint will be directly contributed back into the GRASS project to the benefit of everyone who uses it.
Agenda - What we plan to do
- Discuss scientific citation of GRASS code and changes to the metadata of man-pages. (PL)
For organizational reasons.
Please add your name here:
|1||Martin Landa||Czech Republic||18||20||completion of git/github migration, Image collections in GRASS GIS||L|
|2||Markus Neteler||Germany||17||20||completion of git/github migration; discussion of new Hugo based web site||M|
|3||Peter Loewe||Germany||17||20||Integration of gut/github migration with the Zenodo data repository / strategic planning for extensions of g.citation module||XL|
|5||Ondřej Pešek||Czech Republic||17/18||20||M|
|6||Sören Gebbert||Germany||17||19||Image collections in GRASS GIS||XL|
|7||Anne Ghisla||Germany||17||20||Documentation, beta testing git migration, translation, pair programming||S|
There are several Hotels etc. in walking distance.
DIW Berlin, Mohrenstrasse 58, 10117 Berlin (OSM Map)
Subway / U-Bahn
- stations "Mohrenstraße", "Stadtmitte" or "Französische Straße"
Light rail / S-Bahn
- Friedrichstraße station (10mins walk from there)
- Friday, May 17: 5.2.8 / 5.2.011
- Saturday, May 18 (fifth floor)
- Sunday, May 19 (fifth floor)
- Monday, May 20: 5.2.8 / 5.2.011
- Provide information about lodging options (hotels, backpackers, etc)
- Provide information about what's up in Berlin
- Provide information about restaurants
- Plan/order catering
- Discuss swag (t-shirts ? mugs ?)
- Discuss BBQ event or similar for saturday night
- @DIW-IT: Prepare WLAN-access tix.
- consider whatsapp(or similar) channel for last minute communication
- consider side events:
- √ : Reserve rooms at DIW for 21 - 22 May
- √ : Rooms at DIW have been reserved for May 18-21 and May 23 (May 18 + 21: office room(s); May 19/20/23: meeting room)
- √ : provide information about the venue and how to get there
- √ : Provide information about public transport
Via IRC chat
(IRC is a nice archaic chat system, see IRC)
We can use Hangouts, Zoom, Jitsi or Skype... Plenty of options!
|1||Vero Andreo||Argentina||Available on Sat and Sun|
- Bring your own computer
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed (photo: Germany). See also http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
- Install subversion, git, and the compiler tools, and come with a working GRASS development environment if possible.
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the GRASS project and/or are committed to improving the GRASS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working GRASS implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of Open Source GIS software
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the community sprint?
- Contact Martin Landa landa.martin gmail.com