GRASS GIS Community Sprint Berlin 2019
TBD, 2019 at TBD, Berlin, Germany.
Location: TBD (OSM Map)
Donation from OSGeo. Please check more info GRASS GIS Budget 2019.
We also welcome direct financial contributions to help reducing travelling and accommodation expenses for GRASS developers with far arrival If you are interested to sponsor the GRASS Community Sprint, please read about
- sponsoring the GRASS project at http://grass.osgeo.org/donations
For any questions, please contact TBD. Any surplus at the end of the event will be turned over to the GRASS GIS project.
This GRASS GIS Community Sprint is a great occasion for you to support the development of GRASS. With your contribution you'll enable more developers to meet. The community sprint is an important opportunity for the GRASS developers to discuss and collaboratively resolve bugs, plan the direction for the project and work on new features. Please see below for the more detailed agenda. The developers and contributors are donating their valuable time, so it would be great if in-kind funding can be made available from within the community to cover out-of-pocket expenses. All of the work that takes place at the community sprint will be directly contributed back into the GRASS project to the benefit of everyone who uses it.
Agenda - What we plan to do
For organizational reasons
Please add your name here:
|1||Martin Landa||Czech Republic||?||?||L||#||...|
Via IRC chat
(IRC is a nice archaic chat system, see IRC)
- Bring your own computer
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed (photo: Germany). See also http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
- Install subversion and the compiler tools, and come with a working GRASS development environment if possible.
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint just a coding event?
- It is mainly a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in the GRASS project and/or are committed to improving the GRASS project.
- On demand we can do some presentations of current working GRASS implementation and new upcoming features to spread the idea of Open Source GIS software
- Is the GRASS Community Sprint for developers only?
- No: anybody can help, with testing, checking out bugs and fixes, documentation and more.
- Where can I get help and more information about the community sprint?
- Contact Martin Landa landa.martin gmail.com