Difference between revisions of "Geology"
(→Strike-and-dip symbols: 1/2 bowtie symbol)
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
Revision as of 13:49, 30 December 2011
Modules of interest
- for cartography
- for 3D raster voxel interpolation
- : Introduction to 3D raster processing
- see also r3.* commands
- : Native 3D visualization and animation suite (interactive cutting planes through stacked 3D grid surfaces, etc.)
- , , and : Export to VTK format for ParaView or other 3D visualization software
- d.frontline Shell script that draws frontlines on the graphics monitor using d.graph module and different types of symbols. Also it optionally saves frontline graphics to d.graph commands file and/or ps.map file (for later use with the "read" ps.map instruction).
- See the Cartography page
See the IconSymbols wiki page
- can take rotation angle from an attribute column for each site with the vpoints rotatecolumn instruction; for you can prepare a command file with a custom rotation for each point using , , or the v.out.ascii.db addon script. Note that GRASS uses the Cartesian convention for rotation angles, i.e. CCW from east. Convert from compass angles (CW from north) with:
theta = 90 - degrees_true
- You could possibly write a small script to populate a new column with this conversion by way of a SQL query. (and post it here :)
- to make open symbols set the fill color to 'none'.
- to make a double sided dip symbol draw the same symbol twice with 180 rotation the second time.
- AreaFillPatterns: allows custom fill patterns based on simple PostScript-like rules files. A number of patterns are provided. It is reasonably simple to create new ones- just copy an existing one to a new file and edit the drawing coordinates in a text editor. (new contributions welcome)
Inuse the vlines style instruction to set the line style. The linecap instruction can further refine the draw mode.