Historical document, please keep it.
The goal is to move to SVN infrastructure for GRASS 7. The hosting of SVN needs to be discussed. A new repository has to be created in any case, despite its physical location.
October 2007: It has been decided to open the SVN at OSGeo
- Link to the PSC mailing list thread discussing this.
See also bug Tracking.
- Migration from CVS to SVN (technical issues)
Convert MediaWiki pages to Trac
- MediaWiki is available at OSGeo, so this shouldn't be needed. (and I prefer MediaWiki ;-) --HB)
- Note: there is now also the Mediawiki converter plugin installed at osgeo.org (but I tend to agree with HB) -- MN
- What does that plugin do? TracWiki->Mediawiki?
- yes -- MN
- If so Mw->Tw->Mw would be lossy & better to copy Mw->Mw? (??) --HB
- Sure, if we keep MW, we'll simply dump it and import -- MN
SVN repository with GForge at Intevation
GRASS GForge Server: http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/?group_id=21
- continuity for GRASS
- GForge includes different SCMs, like CVS, SVN, Mercurial, ...
- GForge-SVN-Browser (example)
- As GForge-Wiki "phpwiki" is potentially available.
- GForge is not really accepted by GRASS developers, low usage (much lower than with old RT). Important developers are not even registered at all
- more GForge bugs
SVN repository with Trac at OSGeo
- Integrated infrastructure with other OSGeo projects (GDAL, ...)
- SVN and Trac nicely integrated, also Wiki integrated (Wiki example)
- Trac shows patches/diffs in SVN (example1, example2)
- login (signon) embedded in OSGeo LDAP: single signon for OSGeo infrastructure
- Trac advantages
- Timeline and roadmap provided for semi-automated release management (milestones)
- Auto-generation of release notes (GDAL example) which we currently do by hand for thousands of fixes
- Source code browser integrated | Alternative viewcvs interface for SVN
- Wiki integrated
- Ticket notification in IRC channel and via RSS
- tickets can moved around among OSGeo projects
- easy ticket monitoring and retrieval
- nice layout
- potential new translation portal of OSGeo would integrate, too (we suggest pootle)
- integration with BuildBot (automated multi-platform test builds)
- some time already invested in Intevation's GForge