Difference between revisions of "WxGUI Animation Tool"
m (+ Category:Temporal)
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
Revision as of 05:53, 6 October 2016
Animation tool is a GUI application which allows to animate a series of GRASS raster maps or a space time raster dataset (see GRASS GIS temporal extension). See also the .
Animation Tool available in GRASS 7 only. The tool can be launched from Layer Manager menu (
File | Animation Tool) or through command line as stand-alone application ( ).
- display up to 4 synchronized animations
- control the animation speed
- interactively change active frame using a slider
- visualize space time datasets with unequally spaced intervals
- animate 3d view (partially implemented)
- display legend
- supports export to animated GIF, AVI (requires ffmpeg), SWF
- overlay multiple space-time datasets or map layers
wxGUI Animation Tool was developed within a diploma thesis at the Czech Technical University in Prague by Anna Kratochvilova in 2012.
In order to export animations, the GRASS GIS installation must have been compiled with PIL support (python-pil, new name: python-pillow).