WxGUI Animation Tool
Animation tool is a GUI application which allows to animate a series of GRASS raster maps or a space time raster dataset (see GRASS GIS temporal extension). See also the .
Animation Tool available in GRASS 7 only. The tool can be launched from Layer Manager menu (
File | Animation Tool) or through command line as stand-alone application ( ).
- display up to 4 synchronized animations
- control the animation speed
- interactively change active frame using a slider
- visualize space time datasets with unequally spaced intervals
- animate 3d view (partially implemented)
- display legend
- supports export to animated GIF, AVI (requires ffmpeg), SWF
- overlay multiple space-time datasets or map layers
wxGUI Animation Tool was developed within a diploma thesis at the Czech Technical University in Prague by Anna Kratochvilova in 2012.