Difference between revisions of "WxNviz"
|Line 109:||Line 109:|
Revision as of 13:58, 30 December 2011
Back to wxGUI page.
wxNviz is a wxGUI extension which allows users to realistically render multiple surfaces (raster data) in a 3D space, optionally using thematic coloring, draping 2D vector data over the surfaces, displaying 3D vector data in the space, and visualization of volume data (3D raster data).
Older tutorials (2010)
- Fog support (see , , )
- Vertical labels (take from geonames.org point data): like in http://tev.fbk.eu/marmota/blog/?p=82
- Second interactive light source for isosurface visualization
- Tick marks and coordinate values to x,y,z axis when drawing fringe
- List of open and closed tickets
Adding vector data crashes wxGUI on Mac Viewing height sometimes sets to 1 after switching to 2D and back to 3D View (or with the simultaneous 2D view - very nice feature) and even after View is reset, it keeps getting back at 1 each time the slider is touched
- Fixed in
- Isosurfaces tested with Nags Head time series data (I will provide link) don't seem to be working, after setting 3D region and adding 3D raster nothing gets drawn, when moving the related DEM around only line rectangle shows instead of a box.
- Adding draw, draw current and clear button may be useful
- Thematic mapping is available in GRASS 7 only
- Display region in 3D does not change accordingly to display region in 2D in version <= 6.5
- I need to click View tab to get the arrow draw, same for the scale bar
- add legend > OK: nothing gets drawn in 3D but the legend shows up when I switch to 2D but when I clicked delete scalebar (which was not drawn), my surface disapeared but the legend showed up along with white and black background (which I assume was supposed to be transparent, because when I moved the legend the surface was under it - we already discussed this, it may be my problem, because it works for Michael).
when I go from 3D view to 2D and then back to 3D I lose most of my settings
- similarly, when I add volume to Map layers I lose my view settings and the 3D view goes back to default
- change of region by g.region seems to be ignored (or I missed something), I had to restart GRASS with the new region to get the 3D region for volumes right. Given that the default top, botom is 1,0, if GRASS starts with the default 3D region settings volumes do not work because there is just one level.
- isosurfaces work with my terrestrial lidar data but the slices don't, it seems that it is due my resolution being 0.3m, when I change it to 1m I get at least some limited slicing
- this may be in ogsf becuase slices in nviz do not work with this data either
- changing color to constant did not change the color of the isosurface
Google Summer of Code