(Redirected from Archaeology)Jump to navigation Jump to search
GRASS GIS is used in many archaeological projects.
Mailing list threads
- : import of PLY format (3D)
- : import of DXF format (2D and 3D)
- : export of DXF format (2D and 3D)
- many other formats..
- Georeferencing of point clouds: get your data from an arbitrary coordinates system into real world projections: . It also perform 3D transformation (affine and polynomial). Working even with very large point clouds (several million points in a few minutes).
- Ullah, I.I.T., 2011. "A GIS method for assessing the zone of human-environmental impact around archaeological sites: a test case from the Late Neolithic of Wadi Ziqlâb, Jordan". Journal of Archaeological Science, 38(3), 623-632. doi:10.1016/j.jas.2010.10.015
- Barton, C.M., Ullah, I. & Mitasova, H., 2010. Computational modeling and neolithic socioecological dynamics: A case study from southwest Asia''. Am antiquity, 75(2), 364-386.
- Barton, C.M., Ullah, I, & Bergin, S, 2010. "Land use, water and Mediterranean landscapes: modelling long-term dynamics of complex socio-ecological systems". Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, 368(1931), 5275 -5297. doi:10.1098/rsta.2010.0193
- M. Neteler, 2009: GRASS GIS and OSGeo: A framework for archeology (Invited keynote). Quarto Workshop Italiano "Open Source, Free Software e Open Format nei processi di ricerca archeologica", CNR di Roma, 27-28 April 2009
- Conolly, J., Lake, M., 2006. Geographical Information Systems in Archaeology (Cambridge Manuals in Archaeology) [ Book ]
- A. Bezzi, L. Bezzi, D. Francisci, R. Gietl, 2006. L'utilizzo di Voxel in campo archeologico, Geomatics workbooks 6 [ PDF ]
- Archaeological remote sensing by Rebecca Bennett, Duke University (USA)
Sample archaeological data sets
- http://wiki.iosa.it/ Quantitative Archaeology Wiki (check out the "Spatial Analysis" section)
- http://arc-team-open-research.blogspot.com/ - GRASS and Blender in archaeology
- http://www.archeos.eu - ArcheOS - The first GNU/Linux distribution for archaeology (screenshots)
- Voxels and GRASS in Archeology (animations)
- http://tdx.cat/TESIS_UB/AVAILABLE/TDX-0720109-092434/ - PhD Dissertation about conflict archaeology, with extensive use of GRASS and QGIS.
- http://medland.asu.edu - Mediterranean Landscape Dynamics Project. Dynamic surface process modeling in GRASS coupled with agent-based modeling of agricultural land-use