GRASS Vector Attributes
Q: How to edit GRASS Attributes?
A: Some commands allow specification of attributes, shown as: attr=string|cat|double|coords|dim
The meanings of these terms:
- string: text label attribute
- cat: vector ID number (cat: category, saved in both geometry file as well as attribute table)
- integer: integer precision attribute
- double: double precision attribute
- coords: vertex coordinates
- dim: number of dimensions (2D, 3D etc)
Modification of attributes
- Graphical editing can be done with the WxGUI Attribute Table Manager and the WxGUI Vector Digitizer
- Command line editing can be done with and related modules.
Two categories (with slash in the middle) can be assigned to a single vector feature in a single layer. This can happen e.g. when importing overlapping polygons:
91/230 73/99 196