WxGUI Graphical Modeler
Graphical Modeler is a GUI application which allows to create and manage complex models using easy-to-use interface. When performing analytical operations in GRASS, the operations are not isolated, but part of a chain of operations. Using Graphical Modeler, that chain of processes (ie. GRASS modules) can be wrapped into one process (ie. model). So it's easier to execute the model later with slightly different inputs or parameters.
Graphical Modeler is release under GNU GPL licence and the source is available from GRASS SVN repository.
See also manual page and wiki page for development issues.
The Graphical Modeler is available in GRASS 6.4.2+ from the Layer Manager menu
File → Graphical modeler or from the toolbar .
In GRASS 7 the tool is also available from the command line as stand-alone application (g.gui.gmodeler).
The modeler currently allows to:
- define actions (GRASS commands)
- define data items (raster, vector, 3D raster)
- define relations between data and action items
- define loops (series), conditions
- validate model
- run model
- store model settings to the file (GRASS Model File|*.gxm)
- export model settings to Python script
- export model to image
Graphical modeller in action:
- Brief description GRASS Graphical Modeler (in Russian)
wxGUI Graphical Modeler was developed by Martin Landa with institutional support of the Czech Technical University in Prague